Monday, December 31, 2012

Making Easy Street: Clue 7

Whew!  I did it!  I managed to finish this clue in one day.  Granted, I had some other things to get done today as well.  I had a binding to attach to another quilt.  I have a family who insisted on being fed (seems they still get hungry three times a day LOL).  I had to go to the quilt shop before they closed to buy thread to match the color of the binding I just attached.  I had laundry to deal with.  And so on and so on.  But this clue is now finished!

First, we had to sew together the 64 purple/BOW flying geese units from Clue #2 with the 64 BOW rectangles, also cut in Clue #2.  (BOW = Black On White.)  Those went together quickly, like Bonnie promised.  :)


Next, Bonnie gave directions on making Pieced Triangle #1 using various units created in previous clues.  We had to make 4 of these.  OK, that's not too bad.  They came together pretty quickly, too.


Finally, Bonnie gave directions on making Pieced Triangle #2.  We had to make 12 of these.  There was one small issue... there weren't enough green triangles.  It seems that in Clue #6, Bonnie had said to cut 16 squares measureing 5½" x 5½", which were then cut on both diagonals into 4 triangles.  Well, that wasn't quite enough, we needed to start with 19 squares in order to have enough triangles.  That was easily fixed though, I just cut some more triangles.  :)

Again, these weren't hard to make, it just took some time.  And it doesn't help that I sewed some of the pieces together incorrectly and had to Frog Stitch (rip it, rip it, rip it) those seams so I could correct the issue.  But finally, these pieces were done!  And as you can see, they aren't what you'd call small LOL.


So now, I'm all caught up... at least until tomorrow morning LOL.  Bonnie will post Clue #8, the final clue (I think) on New Year's Day.  I plan to work on that and get as much done as possible on New Year's Day, as I have client work that needs to be done.  I figure, New Year's Day is still a holiday, so I can play with my own projects.  But then, it's back to working on my client projects.  So here's hoping that I can finish the last clue tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Valerie!! Love Easy Street!! You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! This quilt is turning into quite the job, I managed to get about 1/3 done with clue #8 today. But it will be worth it in the end, I've seen Bonnie's finished quilt. Gorgeous!

      Delete