Sunday, December 30, 2012

Making Easy Street: Clue 6


Even though Bonnie isn't going to have her Mystery Monday Link-Up tomorrow, I thought it would be good to document my progress on Clue #6 anyway.  At least my dozens of followers (if that many LOL) can see what I've been up to.

At the top of the post are the 128 Double Brick units that Bonnie had us make.  She was right, they were VERY simple and easy to make.  And to be honest... I have 132 units up there.  I just made 12 strip sets and started cutting units, only calculating at the end how many I had.  Better too many than not enough, right?  And any units that I don't use here can be used in a scrap quilt at some point in the future.

The Extra Credit for this clue was to cut 16 squares measuring 5½", and then cut those into quarter-square triangles.  At least I cut the exact amount of these, LOL!


Tomorrow, Bonnie will be posting Clue #7 for what she is calling a RAPID FIRE FINISH.  I'm guessing this means that we're finished making units, and we'll begin assembly of the quilt top...?  I hope so, the suspense is almost killing me!  :)

In the mean time, I've got a quilt on the frame to be quilted.  I'm not quite sure how I'll quilt it yet, but I've got a few ideas floating around.  Time to doodle on the white board and see what I like best.

2 comments:

  1. I like the variety of black and white prints you have there---and your greens are beautiful. I'm still working on step 5. It's the cutting that is time consuming it seems. So, if clue 7 comes out tomorrow, I'm still behind. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right, and that the clue which should be released in a couple of hours will be our last one. I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete