Pumpkin pie isn't necessarily all that bad for you. It's the crust and whipped cream (or Cool Whip) that make it so unhealthy. So if you're looking for the flavor and the texture without having to resort to "fake food" (i.e. filled with additives and fillers), give this a try.
ALSO: Because there is no crust, this is a Gluten Free recipe! Yippee!
(I use the pie recipe from the back of a Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin can)
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp ground ginger
* 1/4 tsp ground cloves
* 2 eggs
* 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
* 1 can (12 oz) Lowfat 2% evaporated milk
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F (218.3 degrees C).
2) Mix together the first 5 ingredients. Beat the eggs in a large bowl, then add the pumpkin and spice mixture. Lastly add the evaporated milk.
3) Prepare 8 ramekins. Spray with nonstick cooking spray or wipe down with a small amount of canola oil.
4) Spoon equal amounts of the pie filling into each of the ramekins.
5) Place in your preheated oven. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (176.6 degrees C) and bake for another 20-25 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of one ramekin comes out clean. Place ramekins on a rack to cool.
6) Once cool, cover each with plastic wrap and refrigerate. The flavors develop in the fridge, so I suggest waiting a full 24 hours before eating... if you can resist. Otherwise spoon a small amount of whipped cream or Cool Whip on top and enjoy. :)