Monday, January 23, 2012

Perfect Pinwheels



Well, at least "nearly perfect".  :)

Have you struggled with getting your pinwheel blocks to come out looking nice?  Are they off square?  Do the points get cut off in the middle?  Are they the wrong size when you add them in with other blocks, making you struggle to use them?  There are ways to make this a less stressful process and make your pinwheels turn out lovely.

I have written a tutorial on making pinwheels as perfectly as possible.  This will also help you with any half-square triangle units you use in your quilting projects.  Here is the link to the PDF:

http://www.valeriecustomquilting.com/tutorials/PerfectPinwheels.pdf

Happy reading!

Edited because I forgot to make the link clickable.  Sorry about that!  Thanks to Linda for pointing that out.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Val -
    Psst....your link isn't working. I had to cut and paste the URL.

    By the way, I love this method...I use it whenever I make pinwheels. ~Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up, Linda, it's all fixed now. :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful tutorial Val, and welcome to the world of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debi! I'm having fun with this whole blogging thing. :)

      Delete