It's done! My Celtic Solstice quilt is finally done!
I made the smaller version of the quilt, but it wasn't quite large enough for my needs so I extended it a bit. I added the checkerboard border to the top and bottom of the quilt to lengthen it a little, and I also added a border all around the quilt, using a grey print that was too perfect to pass up.
I mean, look at that print! It really mimics the effect that the pieced blocks in Bonnie's quilt achieve. This wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I went looking for a border fabric, but it fits the bill perfectly and I'm glad I used it.
I quilted it with a simple meander, which will be fine for a bed quilt. The meander gives the quilt texture without being too complicated, plus I didn't have a pantograph that really seemed to "go" with the quilt. I used white thread for the quilting, I really had wanted a light blue but none of my blue threads looked right. That's OK, the white worked just fine.
Thank you Bonnie, for once again writing and sharing a fantastic Mystery Quilt project. You can see other folks' finished quilts at her last Link-Up of the project.