Sunday, June 30, 2013

Finally Finished!


Well, it's been a long time coming, but my Easy Street quilt (Bonnie Hunter's latest mystery) is finally finished.  100% finished.  As in, going through the washing machine so I can sleep under it tonight FINISHED.

Woo hoo!!!


I'm so happy!  And it's done just in time for our hot weather.  I used plain cotton fabric for the backing and wool batting.  Wool is great for summertime quilts as it is lightweight and breaths well, it's not really hot at all.

Whoops, there went the buzzer on the washing machine.  Time to move this baby over to the dryer!

2 comments:

  1. Val - It's GORGEOUS!!!! I love the colors too. I've never used wool batting but have wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy! As you can see, it doesn't match my room, but I don't care. I loved the colors as soon as Bonnie shared them. :) I love wool batting, it's a bit more spendy than cotton so I use it for special projects. I love the drape my quilts have when I use wool batting, and I love how it works with the different seasons (warm in winter, breathable in summer). If you have a special project for yourself, you might consider using wool batting in it to see how you like it.

      Delete