Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Making Easy Street: Clue 1


I have decided to follow along with Bonnie Hunter's latest mystery quilt, called Easy Street.  I finally finished up the first clue tonight!  Yippee!  (In case you're wondering, there are nearly 200 4-patch blocks in there.  Whew!)

For those of you who may not know Bonnie Hunter, she is known for her scrappy quilts.  She's also known for designing quilts with LOTS of pieces.  When she said that this one would be toned down, I decided to trust her and go for it.  I hope I don't come to regret this decision LOL.

Also, the colors she chose for this mystery quilt are PERFECT for my daughter's bedroom, which we recently redecorated.  Hopefully, this quilt will become my daughter's birthday gift in a few months.  :)

These are the fabrics I am using for this clue:

Grey:

Black-on-White Prints:

So, this is it for now.  Personally, I'm pleased as punch to be caught up at the moment.  Woo hoo!  Now I'll be waiting patiently (or maybe not-so-patiently LOL) for Clue #2 to be published.  What about you?  Will you join in the fun?

10 comments:

  1. I have fabrics but am trying to get some Christmas sewing finished up. If I get some cut up soon I could use them as leaders/enders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the black-on-white fabrics and some of the greens and purples, but needed more variety as well as teals and the grey. Originally I was going to wait to start this one, but then I realized the colors would be perfect in my daughter's room, so this became a birthday gift... so off to the fabric store I went for the missing pieces LOL. I'll work on this one between other projects.

      Delete
  2. I love your 4-patches. The black/whites are particularly lovely. Looking forward to the next clue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra! The black/white fabrics are a combination of my own stash and some fabric that a friend gifted me with. I'm also looking forward to the next clue! Though honestly.... I hope she doesn't make any string blocks this time. They look good but take forever to make. :)

      Delete
  3. I love seeing what everyone has pulled out for the background and their choice for constant! Thank you for sharing yours, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharyn! I'm happy to share. I need to go back and take a closer look at what everyone else is doing too. I did see a few bright colored 4-patches, so obviously they're not following Bonnie's color scheme LOL. It will be so cool to see how all the different quilts turn out with our own spin on the colors. :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! Are you also doing this mystery? Have you finished the first clue? :)

      Delete
  5. I really like the Grey that you picked for your constant! This is my very first Mystery quilt. I have looked at pictures of Bonnie's other Mystery quilt and I'm really glad that this one will be a little easier. I just made my very first quilt in July of this year, so I needed a rather easy one to start with. Love having the Linky page so we can see others choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tami! You're going to love Bonnie's patterns. There are a lot of pieces, but they look fantastic and she manages to find ways to make the process easy. Be sure to look around her website and find the other free quilt patterns available on her site.

      I agree, I love having the Linky page. There are so many different colors being used already, it's so much fun to see what has inspired others. :) Are you doing this quilt with Bonnie's colors? Guess I'll have to go to your blog to see for myself LOL.

      Delete